We know the holidays can feel especially isolating and draining for our communities, especially after a year ripe with grief and other challenges. To help get through this time, we've compiled a few resources that have given us relief, nurturing, and healing in times of need:
- This care package from Transgender Law Center offers us much needed moments of stillness, peace, and joy.
- Connexions (QTPOC) offers space to queer and trans people of color to connect, heal, process, and share resources every Monday from 6-7:30 PM PST.
- Ingersoll Peer Support Groups provide space for trans and gender diverse people to come together every Wednesday from 7-9 PM PST.
- TransFamilies Support Groups offer various groups for trans and gender diverse youth, with separate groups for parents of trans youth.
- Pizza Klatch Support Groups provide weekly support for LGBTQ+ youth and allies.
- Trans Lifeline, a peer support phone service run by and for trans people, welcomes calls any time if you need someone trans to talk to, even if you’re not in crisis.
- The Science Based Approach to Dealing with Family Over the Holidays by them. offers practices that "can make unpleasant family interactions bearable—and even healing."
This season, remember to consider others in your communities who are also having a difficult time. Reach out, and ask yourselves: what can we accomplish together? One way to make a difference is to give to Gender Justice League. Your support has and will continue to make real life impacts by providing shelter and financial support for community members, and allowing us to continue to push for the policy changes we all need in order to survive and thrive.
Please, take care of yourselves and one another.